Others tried, but Carey Mulligan truly stole the show at the premiere of The Great Gatsby in Cannes, and quite rightly, so she should.
The Dior dress she chose was a stunner. Simple but beautifully cut and fitted. I saw her on John Stewart the other night and she was so nervous! It was terrifically refreshing and so sweet, he was being particularly gracious to her, such was the evidence of her nerves.
I love her hair here. Instead of being blown up and voluminous she's gone sleek n chic like the dress. Very old Hollywood, isn't it? And that's how I see Cannes. It's always more glamorous than an awards event because, well, it's at Cannes and there's so much red carpet and all of those incredible stairs which give it fabulous backdrop. It just has more gravitas. I'm sure, of course, if you were in the biz you'd say different but fashion wise, gimme Cannes glamour anyday.
Nessun commento:
Posta un commento
Nota. Solo i membri di questo blog possono postare un commento.